EXPERIENCE NON-INVASIVE LOWER BACK PAIN TREATMENT WITH OUR WELLNESS TEAM IN THE FLATIRON DISTRICT
At Omni Wellness NYC, our multidisciplinary and collaborative team of healthcare practitioners is proud to serve the Flatiron District with high quality and innovative wellness care. Led by New York chiropractor Dr. Scott Andersen, we’re continually striving for ways to offer the best possible holistic services to address conditions like lower back pain.
What May be Causing Your Lower Back Pain
Lower back pain is so common that estimates show upwards of 80% of people will have it at least once. As one of the leading causes of disability, lower back pain is often brought on by a combination of risk factors, including:
- Physically demanding occupations or activities (first responders, military, gymnasts, weightlifters, etc.)
- Excessively sedentary occupations or lifestyles (truck drivers, office workers, gamers, etc.)
- Poor posture
- Acute trauma, including auto accident injury, sports injury, or personal injury
- The presence of underlying conditions like fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, kidney stones, osteoporosis, and depression
In some cases, lower back pain has no clear underlying diagnosis. However, our New York City chiropractic team often diagnoses:
- Muscle strains and ligament sprains
- Joint subluxations, including spondylolisthesis (one vertebra slides forward relative to the one below it due to a stress fracture or crack in the bone)
- Disc injury: common types include herniation (a spinal disc ruptures and leaks), bulge (a spinal disc protrudes into the nearby joint space), and degenerative disc disease (progressive thinning of a disc due to cumulative wear and tear)
Signs and Symptoms of Lower Back Pain
For most people, lower back pain feels achy, dull, and sore. It may fluctuate throughout the day, but is often worse first thing in the morning, after prolonged standing or sitting, or after certain movements.
Lower back pain is also associated with back stiffness, muscle spasms, decreased hip flexibility, weak and/or shortened core and hip musculature, and (if a nerve is being impinged in the lumbar spine) numbness, tingling, pain, and weakness in the buttocks or leg.
How Our NYC Chiropractor Treats Lower Back Pain
So many of our services help people with lower back pain. We devise individualized programs to relieve symptoms and address the underlying causes of symptoms (something pain medication can’t do). Our services may include:
- Chiropractic care
- Physical therapy
- Hypnotherapy and psychotherapy
Together, these services address physical and psychological factors of back pain, improve posture and spinal alignment, restore strength, stability, and endurance of the core, and stimulate tissue healing.
IS WINTER CAUSING YOU BACK PAIN? IS YOUR LOWER BACK PAIN IMPACTING YOUR CAREER AND LIFESTYLE? CONTACT OUR OMNI WELLNESS NYC TODAY!
The colder months can mean pain for people who struggle with consistent inflammation or spinal problems. Spending time outdoors when temperatures are low may cause the back to flare up. If joints are already inflamed, a drop in barometric pressure or temperature can cause swelling and pain. During the wintertime, get plenty of light and stay hydrated as well as moisturize the skin. Less light mean earlier bedtime and more sleep.